At Firstclass Football Training (FCF Training) personal development is the focal point of everything we do. Football revolves around teams, therefore in many cases individual development is sacrificed in order for teams to pursue collective success. The process of individual development is what we live for. We give the player the power, no matter what stage of their development or career, even the very best can always be better.
Our mission is to change the landscape of football, putting the power into the player's hands. No matter a player's team environment, ambition or location we give players the education, resources and support to take their game and passion for it to new heights. With the goal of making an impact on and helping as many players and people improve as we possibly can. Every piece of advice we give is completely focused on long-term development.
Every person and player has a different personality, mindset and unique attributes (some being innate and others learned). Tailoring to each person, then to every player is a crucial element of what we do. Another important piece which we implement is player profiling, helping each individual understand how to be more effective, in-turn maximising their strengths and defining work ons. Each player's strengths are attributes that set them apart and usually are the things they enjoy “doing more of”. We help players understand their strengths, improve them and learn how to use them more efficiently. We also address players' work-ons, however it’s important to understand that no player will ever be defined or selected due to their weaknesses.
Through understanding the person, player and game as a whole we then pinpoint technical and tactical executions that with our coaching pointers and repetition will improve each individual's game considerably. Our Additional Technical Training (ATT) puts repetition into parts of the game that players do not get the opportunity to do frequently enough in regular training and games. This is how players gain confidence, consistency and eventually become proficient at the skill, part of the game or technique.
- Ball Mastery and Dribbling, notably with Junior players. In one of our training sessions each player has the opportunity to manipulate and touch the football thousands of times. In most team sessions and matches players will only be in possession of the ball for a couple of minutes, if they’re lucky.
- Finishing, players may get between 2-12 shots in a single match or training session, however within isolated training players can get the opportunity to complete more than 100 shots in just 20 minutes. Without isolated practice one hundred striking repetitions would take dozens of training or/and matches to complete.
These are just two basic examples and are concepts we apply to each aspect of the game.
Our expertise, ability to communicate and demonstrate a selection of coaching pointers in clear, concise and understood ways are what make our services transformative. Another important element of what we do is cater to all learning types Visual, Auditory and Kinesthetic. We do this through live demonstration and video examples prepared (Visual), talking through techniques, drills and explaining how they translate to the game (Auditory) and allowing players to work through each drill and technique (Kinesthetic). In most situations we coach using a combination of the three.
Head Coach Dylan Stansfield started delivering private lessons in 2013 working with players that he continues to coach to this day. In his early years, Dylan was a player with all the drive, determination and work-ethic required. However, he lacked the understanding on how to improve, spending countless hours at the field kicking a ball with no purpose, direction and limited understanding of his strengths, work-on’s and defining what type of player he is and will become.
Flash forward over half a decade and Firstclass Football Training is New Zealand’s most established private football training business. Our team works with full internationals, professionals, many of the country’s best up and coming youngsters and players of all ages that are eager to improve! Thus far we are proud to have delivered well over 5,000 private training sessions.
Our goal is to change the landscape of football, putting the power into the player's hands. No matter their team environment, ambition or location we give players the education, resources and support to take their game and passion for it to new heights. Like the players we work with, our team of coaches are passionate about self development. Putting the work in on a daily basis to become the best players, coaches and more importantly people we can be.
- Develop resilient people with growth mindsets, taking control of both their personal and player development
- Stimulate players love for the game, through every encounter and contact we have with them
- Inspire players to go the extra mile, put the extra time in and do everything in their power to achieve both their short and long term goals
Essence of our community
- Focusing on what I can control
- Putting extra work in, on a daily basis
- Inspired by many, but never replicating
Use the #firstclassballers hashtag!
Our Services help you with:
- Ball Manipulation
Master the ball, Master your game. To be the best player you can be, you have to be comfortable in possession. Practice in tight situations then when in space, the game will be much easier.
- Dribbling, 1v1 Skills & Safe Side
Become confident driving into space. Learn how to use efficient skills that will allow you beat players and create space with ease. Dribble with both feet and protect the ball.
- Passing & Receiving
The most important part of the game. Our drills don’t only focus on passing and receiving but will help improve your body position, weight of touch, angle & direction of touch, backfoot/frontfoot reception and receiving difficult balls.
Striking is a massive part of the game. Being a consistent striker of the ball will allow you to execute accurate passes and help you finish in situations you never thought were possible. Our breakdowns give you step by step instructions on how to proficiently execute each technique.
Apply your striking in realistic finishing situations, become composed and confident in-front of goal. Our finishing drills are realistic and incorporate various parts of your game so you can be clinical no matter what situation you find yourself in on game-day.
- Scanning & Awareness
Complete passing drills proficiently to begin with, then lets focus on your scanning and awareness. The more aware you are, the easier the game will become. Allowing you to make informed decisions, incorporating scanning and awareness into your training is a very important part of what we do.
- Positional Specific
Work on drills specific to your roles and responsibilities on game-day. This is a great way to get more repetitions in, become more consistent and efficient in your role.
- Mental Skills
Maximise your potential. We believe that mentality is the most important thing for success in football but more importantly life.
This is an indirect result of our services, become sharp on and off the ball with technical training. Our sessions are high intensity and most sets are short durations, similar to HITT (high intensity interval training). Our trainings will help you become more dynamic and explosive than you've ever been!
Touch base with us via email, we would love to hear from you!
Founder & Director
Dylan is the country's leading technical coach. Dylan has delivered thousands of private sessions to all types of players, now working with the most dedicated and professional players. His motivation to start FCF Training came from his love of technical and individual training. Now balancing his time on the field with running the business, notably our one of a kind personalised training platform, FCF Online. Dylan has played National League, at an U17 World Cup and in the Northern Premier League. Scoring over 90 Career goals and registering as many assists in 120+ appearances.
Head FCF Coach
Jason is very passionate about developing players, whilst ensuring they maintain their love of the game. Since mid 2019 Jason has been a crucial part of the team, on the grass 7 days a week working with dozens of dedicated players not only improving players on the pitch, but peoples mindsets and attitudes off it. Private training with a skilled coach is something Jason would have loved to attend as a youngster. Jason knows how crucial it is to be a confident ball player, and how to achieve it. Playing 200+ NRFL games, winning league titles and the Chatham Cup.
Daniel is a experienced and qualified technical trainer and with a Oceania C licence to his name. Prior to joining FCF TRAINING Daniel has delivered 1on1 and Small group coaching sessions to multiple players, many for multiple years. Previously Daniel has coaching experience working at various schools, high profile clubs and academies. Daniel currently plays for Waitakere City in the NRFL Premier division.
Firstclass Football Training Values
Ideas and beliefs that our players, coaches and all involved within our community instill on a daily basis.
- PROFILING We treat each player according to their goals, upon meeting each player we place them on our attitude/ambition scale to give each individual goal specific feedback. This will help them to excel, enjoy the game and stay in it long-term.
- STANDARDS We hold players accountable to the highest possible standards demanding 100% effort, intensity and focus at all times. We also inspire players to hold themselves to those same standards, no matter what situation they’re in. In our time with each player, it is our duty to demand excellence from each player.
- AUTHENTICITY We conduct ourselves with conviction, confidence and most importantly stay true to our values as outlined below.
- TRANSPARENCY Always acting with honesty and integrity giving advice that will only benefit the player, no-one or nothing else.
- ACCEPTANCE Accepting of all. We do not discriminate against any person, people or idea/s, no matter their age or level. The more dedicated, coachable and open minded you are, the more we can help, and the better you will become.
- INDIVIDUALITY Inspired and learning from others but never replicating. Embracing our individuality as we are different people, players and all on our own paths.
- DOING MORE Going the extra mile in every sense to be the best version of ourselves, and help those that we are associated with. Priding ourselves on putting in the additional time, repetitions and effort into improving ourselves on a daily basis.
- JOY This is why we play football and what we live for! The best players play with a smile on their faces. We pride ourselves on loving the game, and ensure that we stimulate this every-time we get on the grass.
- PASSION We live and breathe football and are students of the game. Our involvement, passion and intensity will inspire and make you love the game more.
- MENTALITY Life is much bigger than football, however so much about life can be learned through football. We’re passionate about developing players but more importantly people that can and understand what it takes to excel in football or any other endeavour they choose to.
- CONTROL CONTROLLABLES We pride ourselves on focusing our energies on things that we can do to shape our future lives. Focusing on everything in our power.
- GROWTH MINDSET The basic abilities can be developed through dedication and hard work - brains and talent are just the starting point. This creates a love of learning and a resilience that is essential for great accomplishment.
- SAFE ZONE Always encouraging mistakes and giving players a safe zone to try things. For players to grow their environment is very important, we ensure that this is reinforced. The only way to grow is through repetition, trying new things, failing and progressing.
- ENERGY Upon every contact we inspire players with our enthusiasm, passion and energetic nature. This ensures that players are motivated to train more often and learn to love the game more than they did prior to each contact.
- COMPETITIVE ENVIRONMENT We encourage players to compete with themselves (me vs me) to become the best version of themselves. While also competing with others involved to improve both themselves and those involved.
- LONG TERM Short term is meaningless, everything we do is completely focused on long term development.
POINTS OF DIFFERENCE
- EXTRA MILE - We’re dedicated to giving our all in-order help each individual, as players but more importantly people. Our ability to do more to help each person is what defines us.
- EXPERIENCE - We have had the privilege of working with a variety of players and people, from beginners to pros and full internationals. Together delivering well over 5,000 training sessions, since 2013.
- PROVEN METHODS - Our methods and approaches are proven to not only improve players, but translate improvements into match scenarios.
- EXPERTISE - We aren’t team coaches, we are specialised individual technical and tactical trainers. Our coaching pointers and ability to communicate them are transformative.
- PROFESSIONALISM - As individuals and a collective. We take pride in everything we do and act in a professional manner no matter the circumstance.
- PRACTICE WHAT WE PREACH - We are on the same journey with you and understand exactly what you’re going through as there is a good chance we’ve been there before. We also instill and live by these values.
- HEALTH & SAFETY - We have the adequate H+S measures in place for each and every venue in-which players train at, on display for players and parents to review. All Coaches are Police Vetted. Players Health and Safety is our #1 priority.
- AVAILABILITY - We deliver Technical Training sessions 7 days per week throughout the Auckland Region, at various venues as-well as clinics in each and every school holiday.
- ESTABLISHED COMMUNITY - Online throughout all social media platforms our online training fcftrainer.com and through hundreds of private training clients, clinic attendees and evangelists.
- FLEXIBLE - Upon meeting each and every player the first thing we need to know is why the player wants to work with us. Our approach is determined by each individual's goals and mentality, whether that is to be the best player in the world, or just have more fun! Our training and experience equips us with the skill-sets to help you, no matter the trajectory of your goals.
- OPPORTUNITIES - We have long standing relationships with Agent’s, Federations as-well as dozens of Domestic and Overseas (Professional) clubs. If we believe a player has the right mentality and is good enough, it’s our duty to do everything in our power to help them achieve their goals.
Talk to a FCF Expert Coach
Complete the form and one of our expert trainers will give you a call within 24hrs. Looking forward to hearing about you/your child and discussing how we can be of assistance.